While racism towards black people and police brutality has predominantly occurred in the United States of America, this does not mean that it doesn’t affect the rest of the world or that we shouldn’t all be educated on it. Women’s Republic stands against the violence of any sort. We stand against the racism that has taken away the innocent lives of so many black people. We stand against the police brutality that has enabled officers to misuse their power and murder innocent people.
For those of us who are not black, we need to remember to continuously educate ourselves on how to be better allies. All of our non-black team members here at Women’s Republic are working on learning and unlearning, and ensuring that we do not speak over black voices but that we do stand up for them and support them.
Here are some resources that we recommend:
- Black Lives Matter
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- American Civil Liberties Union
- National Bail Fund Network
- The Bail Project
- Reclaim The Block
- Minnesota Freedom Fund
- The Brooklyn Community Bail Fund
Articles to read
- How American Racism Influenced Hitler
- Your Kids Aren’t Talk About Race
- Who Gets To Be Afraid in America
- The American Nightmare
- Where do I donate? Why is the uprising violent? Should I go protest?